Monday 5 March 2012

Cupboard cooking

For the past week or so, there's been a bit of a project going on in our kitchen. We're trying to empty our kitchen cupboard of all the things that have been lurking around in there for a while. I sometimes get a little overexcited in the shops, especially when abroad, and end up bringing home loads of food that promptly gets forgotten about...


The Kitchen Cupboard Rediscovery Project has led to some interesting dinners this week, including käsespätzle (why do I not eat this more often? It's lush) and risotto (lots more risotto to come in the next few weeks I'm afraid).


Today it meant a breakfast of toast with 'vlokken', a Dutch chocolate sprinkle that I haven't eaten in eons - it's one of those things that I have a craving for about once every, oh, two years. It's too sweet for words but, sprinkled on a hot piece of toast with some melted butter, is better than I remembered. Makes me feel like I'm a kid again, getting my Sunday morning treat. Only on a Monday. Nice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment