Saturday 19 April 2014

Eat a lot: Pizza Nostra, Prenzlauer Berg

I've never eaten quite as much pizza as I've eaten here in Berlin. There's a great place around the corner where I get my take out fare. The aubergine, chilli and 
crème fraîche pizza is the one to order there: it's fiery and creamy all at once. But when in Prenzlberg, I can't help but get a slice, at the very least, at Pizza Nostra. 

Their 'bottoms' are amazingly crisp yet chewy, not unlike a very flat ciabatta bread straight out of the oven. They say it's pizza in true Napoli style, which might very well be the case and if so, I need to go visit Napels, pronto. 

Eat it topped with fresh tomatoes and rocket for lunch (€8) and you're set up for the rest of the day. I have a Japanese friend who eats a vegan diet, and he only falls off the wagon for the Pizza Nostra pizzas. Now, if that isn't an endorsement to be swayed by…




Pizza NostraLychener Straße, 10437 Berlin, 03041717000, website, open Tue-Sun from 11am - 12am.



1 comment:

  1. I just linked this to my two buddies in Berlin right now. =) Thanks for the write up. I'll Un-Paleo for this.

    ReplyDelete