Wednesday 23 May 2012

On the road


Exciting things happened this week, explaining my blogging absence. Thing is, I went on my first ever tour. Twas a rock band music tour on the road kind of affair (which totally brought out my inner groupie girl), only with two singer songwriters so less of the rock and more of the music. However. There were backstage wristbands involved, beardy tattooey roadies carrying around stuff to and fro, plus free beers/avocadoes/crisps in the dressing room. (I even discovered a vegetable crudité platter one night, with houmous for dipping, and nearly wet myself. Unfortunately it was for sharing with another band, the ever expanding-in-notoriety Rats on Rafts,  so I couldn't eat the lot even though I'd had no dinner. But then I suppose having no dinner is very rock 'n' roll too.) There were fellow groupies who mouthed along to all the songs (nil points for me on that one) and vied for a place on the backstage sofa (I won all the points there). All in all it was quite an adventure.




I can only recommend you have a listen to these two musicians if you get a chance, but then again, one of them is my man so I would say that. Check them out here: a tunnel to Oslo and a balladeer - they have some great songs available on cassette (no, really), vinyl, cd and download. One of a balladeer's songs is called 'They shut down Marks & Spencer' and I totally remember being very glum when that happened (we're talking Amsterdam in the early noughties here, where else was I going to get my salt and vinegar crisp fix?), so I am very pleased someone chose to write a song about it. 

There's more though. I came home bringing back with me a half decent camera to shoot photos for this blog. It's a Canon EOS 600d with a 50mm/f1.4 lens. Supposedly this is a good lens for food shots, so things are on the up, image wise. About time too. (I just had a thought. What if my pictures don't get any better? Oh no. Best not to think about it too much.) In the absence of a camera during the tour gigs (I hadn't bought it yet), I have nicked the images here from people who presumably have lenses more suited to rock gods and bright lights...







No comments:

Post a Comment