Thursday 6 February 2014

Drink a lot: Caras, Charlottenburg

Today I went for one of my tri-monthly fancy pants visits to the west. 

On the way back home I stopped at Caras, a chain coffee shop that is still elusive in the depths of Neukölln. Here, the milchkaffee made with filter coffee (cafe latte, €2,90 for a tall one) is stronger than the milchkaffee made with espresso (latte macchiato), but pretty weak all the same. With your drink, you get w-lan access for a mere 30 minutes - stingy! 



On the positive side, I was able to continue my quest for the perfect lemon pie. The small 'tartinette' (€2,60) had a base that wasn't at all short, but crunchy and crumbly all the same. The lemon curd was incredibly creamy yet missed a little zing. The merengue was generous and silky. Not bad at all.


Caras, Kurfürstendamm 36, Charlottenburg, website

No comments:

Post a Comment