Wednesday 11 February 2015

Eat a lot: RisOtto, Mitte


I'm feeling kind of special today.



It turns out I'm living in the city that houses the very first risotto restaurant in the world. Who knew?






I wonder if it's true. (It seems highly unlikely. The first ever risotto restaurant, well, ever?)



I wonder if it's any good. (Though risotto in the average restaurant is almost never a total disaster, it's usually not particularly good either. Ever since I discovered even celebrity chefs can't get it right on the night (yes, Tom Aikens, I am talking about you and your undercooked attempt), I've stuck to the homemade variety where I can be sure the timing is just so.)



I wonder if the world has gone off risotto, seeing as there was not a single person inside.



If you don't mind, I'll leave it to other people to answer the above questions for me.



RisOtto, Friedrichstraße 115, 10117 Berlin, 0173 7171626, ros-otto.de, open Mon-Fri 11 am - 9pm, Sat 12pm - 6pm

1 comment:

  1. That's weird...i walked past this today and read that sign too ! Needless to say the place was empty with a bored staff member in the window on his phone (without risotto)...

    ReplyDelete