Wednesday 23 September 2015

Quicker than quick chocolate cake for one

I found myself in a bit of a pickle just now. I had an unstoppable sweet craving, but nothing readymade in the cupboards, and I wasn't keen on waiting a whole hour while an actual cake was baking. So I made this mug cake. I used the last of my Valrhona cocoa powder and some awesome Callebaut Belgian chocolate chips. The result tasted sweet and light like Kinderchocolade. 

No picture today, I bet you know exactly what it will look like anyway. If not, just Google 'chocolate mug cake'.

3 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp demerara sugar
5 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp milk
small handful chocolate chips

Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder with a fork in a decent size mug. Pur in the oil, vanilla extract and milk and stir. Drop in the chocolate nibs, leaving them sort of floating on top. Microwave 40 seconds on 800 Watt. 

Eat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment