Sunday 22 April 2012

A Grand Day Out with Slow Travel Berlin


Today I went to A Day of Creativity, Culture and Cuisine organised by Slow Travel Berlin. And for the first time since moving here I truly felt like I belonged... It was like everything I've been doing sort of came together in this event. There were loads of people I knew, Like Pilates teacher Renate, the Berlin Pop choir people, Nick the musician and Katie from Hudson's, as always in her chef's whites and serving up delicious morsels of something or other. The purpose of the day went right over my head (something to do with sustainability, slow life and good food, with some photography and music thrown in for good measure, I think) but the air was buzzing and the organic soup was flowing. Happy days.

I attended a photography workshop by the wonderful Katrina James of I'll get you my pretty. She took a little group of us out into the streets of Kreuzberg to - shock, horror - take pics. We all want to be photographers but who dares to actually go out there and take the shot? Katrina, that's who. Even though I only had my point-and-shoot camera with me, I took some shots that made me happy. Most of all, the workshop reminded me how much I love photographing stuff, and how much there is out there worth capturing on film. Or rather on pixel. 









No comments:

Post a Comment