Friday 13 September 2013

Ferrero Rocher, deconstructed

Last week we got a family sized tray of Ferrero Rocher from our elderly neighbours. It was a thank you for trying (and failing) to help them when they'd locked themselves out of their flat. Despite our best efforts it was our neighbour himself who, with his (at least) 75 years of age, fiddled with a bicycle spoke until he was blue in the face and the door miraculously sprung open.

Anyway. Ferrero Rocher. After eating my twelfth golden bonbon, something inside my sluggish brain finally clicked and I remembered! As a kid, I would eat them deconstructed. This is how it went, in ten steps:


1) Lift the golden ball out of its paper casing, being careful not to rip the foil (didn't work today)

2) Picking the glue off the paper casing, rolling it into a ball and flicking it away with my finger

3) Either rolling the foil into a gold ball or smoothing it out nicely for use as a table cloth in my Barbie doll house

4) Cracking the chocolatey nutty exterior and eating it WITHOUT damaging the crispy ball inside

5) Opening the crispy ball at the seam, splitting it in two

6) Eating the nut

7) Licking out the Nutella filling

8) Sucking on the crispy ball, now empty, until it had gone soggy in my mouth

9) Eating the soggy remains

10) Sneaking into the cupboard to see if I could nick another one without anybody noticing

Ah, the joy. 

Good thing is, we have another 4 Ferrero Rochers waiting to be eaten. I wonder if anyone will notice if I have another one...

No comments:

Post a Comment